NEXT SESSION: APRIL 2018
Our student populations are growing more diverse very year. Most school districts have recognized the need to focus on equity. While many have a vision for a more equitable educator for all children, especially those marginalized by poverty, language status, or racial background. But there is often a gap between the vision and practices in classrooms.
Instructional coaches are a powerful tool in the effort to close the gap between vision and practice. But there are few professional development programs designed exclusively for coaches. This course is designed with coaches in mind to equip their hands and hearts to help teachers build their will, skill, and capacity to support diverse learners in the classroom.
Coaching toward Cultural Responsiveness is a 8-week professional learning program designed for instructional coaches who have been charged with supporting teachers to implement culturally responsive teaching in their classrooms. The curriculum is based on the bestselling book, Culturally Responsive Teaching and the Brain and is aligned with the Standards for the Teaching Profession.
- Video lessons
- Inquiry-based exercises and activities
- Handouts, tools, and templates to use with teachers
- Case studies and scenarios to ground learning in the practical
- Live online coaching
- Community of other instructional coaches
By the end of the program, each instructional coach will...
- Gain confidence as an equity-focused educator
- Have a clearer definition of culturally responsive teaching and how it works
- Be able to help teachers understand what CRT is and what it isn't
- Know how to assess a teacher's readiness and capacity for implementing culturally responsive teaching
- Be able to coach a teacher to shift his mindset from a deficit oriented, fixed mindset about student capacity to a more growth mindset
- Have additional CRT-specific moves to help teachers improve their effectiveness with engaging diverse students during instruction
- Be able to design a basic culturally responsive lesson in his key subject area
- Build her capacity to use the four core cultural learning tools to improve students' information processing skills in order to accelerate learning.
after you enroll
Module 1: What is Culturally Responsive Teaching?
after you enroll
Module 2: Establishing a Shared Instructional Vision
after you enroll
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The next session of the course starts on Monday, April 23, 2018 and runs through June. 1, 2018 It is a combination of self-paced online learning and live video coaching calls. If you can't make the live calls, they will be recorded and archived so you can review them at your convenience.
How long do I have access to the course?
After enrolling, you have access to this course for an additional 90 days after the last week of the course.
What if I am not happy with the course?
I would never want you to be unhappy! But this is a beta version of the course offered at a deep discount. So unfortunately, there are no refunds.
Instructional coaches are a powerful tool in the effort to close the gap between adminstrative vision and teacher practice.
Unfortunately, there are too few professional development programs designed exclusively for coaches. This course is designed to fill that need. Move your school close to its equity vision by building the capacity of your instructional coaches so they can in turn help teachers build their will, skill, and capacity to support diverse learners in the classroom.
This course is not open for enrollment.